Adobe Premiere Pro “No-Stitch” Editing Extension Available Now for Insta360 Pro Users

Insta360 today released its new Adobe Premiere Pro CC extension, allowing Insta360 Pro users to jump right into their 360° video editing work flow before ever spending a minute stitching their footage.

The extension is included in the latest update to Insta360 Stitcher, version 1.7.0, available for free download here, and is compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 and later. Be sure that you have Adobe Premiere Pro CC installed on your device before installing Insta360 Stitcher 1.7.0, as you'll be prompted to add the extension during the Stitcher installation process.

For info on installing and using the new extension, check out the video below.

As previously shared, the new extension works by generating a proxy version of the full-quality footage — a lower-resolution substitute that can be stitched in real-time for smooth playback and editing.

This approach offers numerous advantages:

Stitching time at the start of a project is greatly reduced — down to just whats necessary to generate the proxy video.

The software can perform smoothly during editing — without the processor-dragging challenge of navigating and displaying an 8K video file.

The video is only compressed a single time, during final export, ensuring maximum image quality. In a traditional workflow, there would be two compressions — one during initial stitching and one during final export.

Users can cut down the proxy version to exactly the parts that are necessary for their project. In the end, only the footage thats used is stitched, avoiding any wasted time spent stitching footage that doesnt made the final cut.

For optimal performance of the new extension, Insta360 recommends a computer with the following specs:

CPU: i7 6700K or higher RAM: 8GB or higher Graphics card: GTX980 or a higher-performing NVIDIA or AMD card Hard drive: SSD recommended Operating system: Windows 8.1, MacOS 10.10, or higher

Keep up with the latest in 360 photos and video by joining Insta360user group on Facebook and signing up for the Insta360 community mailing list.

@moredillon_6977

Sorry for the inconvenience, we've forwarded this issue to our R&d team, and we'll try our best to improve the plugin performance on Premiere Pro.

I too was afflicted by the Mac Premiere bug. Using most recent versions of all software. Premiere Pro became unusable. I had to uninstall the sofware and manually remove all plugins to get my system to work correctly again, even on non-360 projects.

@insta360_support Hey. I found version 1.7n on my own and use that from now on. Works pretty well with premiere cc19.

@codyfraser-build_200570

1. Since the Premiere is encoding and decoding six original 4k videos, there is lag generated when editing the project. We are finding some way to optimize the lag. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. After the fail of exporting, can you find a log.txt file from the D directory? If so, you can send that log file to us for the further checking, maybe send to the chat here or our service email: service@insta360.com. In addition, please try to clear media cache or re-install the Premiere to see if it works.

3. Please try to run the Premiere with administrators privilege when the other users on your computer.

Hi there Insta.

I have a 360pro2 and have been stitching the the raw footage to ProresHQ before editing in Premiere which has been working a treat... however the files are huge!!

The No-Stitch workflow sounds amazing but I have been having so many issues with the plugin its not funny anymore and has wasted alot of my time, I still want to proceed with this workflow if you have a solution for my issues so I ask please help with the below.

1. Poor performance

- I have a 32 Core Threadripper with an RTX 2080Ti and 64g RAM and still I get poor major lag.

- The lag is very minimal when I launch Premiere however the longer I use it in one session, the worse the lag becomes so please consider this note as it may be a key to the issue..?

- It Starts off with smooth working environment then after maybe 5 minutes I will have a 1 second lag constantly about every 5-10 seconds.... then this works up to a 5 second lag in every 10 seconds (this is maybe about 30 mins of working in one session).

- I am not just talking about a playback lag either, the whole of adobe premiere pro is lagging even when not playing back... Not Fun...

2. Error Compiling Media

- Please see the below error messages when I try to export, I simply cannot export my production at all...

3. Other users on the Computer cannot use the Importer

- Im not sure why this is an issue but the other users on my computer cannot seem to import footage to premiere using the plugin, what even more weird is that creating proxies on the imported media take 3 times longer on a different computer user account than my account (the one I used to install premiere on). However everything else on premiere works fine on the other accounts that doesn't rely on the plugin.

I do Hope you can help me with this as one of my projects consists of about 1TB with the workable files and it simply isn't viable to store all this.

Thank you for a great camera, I hope you can fix these issues.

Sincerely,

Cody

@otuominen_80086

If you will, please try on this version: http://static.insta360.com/software/Stitcher/Mac/Insta360Stitcher_Mac_2.2.0_build_20181025.pkg

Please send us the crash report and the plugin log file, here is the path of the log file: 

Mac: Docements\insta360\insta360 stitcher\log

@otuominen_80086 And i guess this version would be 1.7 Insta360Stitcher_Mac_1.7 because I remember at launch this used to work.

@insta360_support And my sticher version is 2.5.1 and I tried to install all the way to 2.4 but it did not work either. Could you please provide the version that actually worked, so we could download that again?

@insta360_support Hello! This problem is still currently crashing both premiere cc18 and 19. I need to delete your bundle to get them working. The problem is, then I cannot use my 360footage, without pre-stiching. Would not like to go back on this old workflow.

I am on a Mac Pro High Sierra with a AMD RX580 GPU. This used to work fine... I can send the crash report via e-mail if you want.

@jesse-ekholm_186917

Hi there, what's the Stitcher version? Please try to update the Stitcher to the latest version 2.5.0 and check the plug-in. If the plug-in still make the Premiere jammed, 

please delete ProImporterCEP folder for uninstalling the plugin, here is some information for you to find the folder:

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will give feedback to our team for locating the issue. In addition, as an alternative method, please stitch the video on the Stitcher at first, and import the video into the Premiere to edit it, in this case, create a proxy media may let the workflow smoother as well.

@insta360 This plug-in is a disaster. Three of our machines 2 high end PC's and a powerful Mac Pro have all had Premiere totally jammed by this plugin. It wasn'y until we tried on a machine without the plugin that we realized this was the reason.

Every click leads to an 15-30 second lag where nothing happens. Never had a workflow this slow. Funny enough this so called fast workflow that was advertised for Insta360 pro2 was the reason we chose the camera instead of a Kandao Obsidian. 

I hope you fix the plug-in or remove it. Please make an anouncement when it works. This has lowered my trust in this brand. So much time has been wasted because of this.

@chris_88397

We checked our email and received the email from you, will reply on you soon.

@insta360_support

The email comes back as undelivered.  Is that the correct email address for support?

@insta360_support

I sent an email to support.

@chris_88397

Now our engineer are trying to locate this problem, you can contact our support email: service@insta360.com.

@insta360_support

My main issue is that the Stitcher Plugin for Premiere will not work at all.

@Insta360_Support 

I can select CUDU but it does not work.   CPU works very very slow and OPEN CL works but is slow as well.  AUTO and CUDA do not work.

@chris_88397

Hi, could you select the CUDA option in the Blender Type?

I have a brand new PC with i9 7940x 14 core with 128 GB Ram and Nvidia GTX 2080 Ti.  The stitcher will not work on this system.  Any suggestions?

Looks like your connection to Insta360 Pro Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.