Adobe Premiere Pro “No-Stitch” Editing Extension Available Now for Insta360 Pro Users

Insta360 today released its new Adobe Premiere Pro CC extension, allowing Insta360 Pro users to jump right into their 360° video editing work flow before ever spending a minute stitching their footage.

The extension is included in the latest update to Insta360 Stitcher, version 1.7.0, available for free download here, and is compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 and later. Be sure that you have Adobe Premiere Pro CC installed on your device before installing Insta360 Stitcher 1.7.0, as you'll be prompted to add the extension during the Stitcher installation process.

For info on installing and using the new extension, check out the video below.

As previously shared, the new extension works by generating a proxy version of the full-quality footage — a lower-resolution substitute that can be stitched in real-time for smooth playback and editing.

This approach offers numerous advantages:

Stitching time at the start of a project is greatly reduced — down to just whats necessary to generate the proxy video.

The software can perform smoothly during editing — without the processor-dragging challenge of navigating and displaying an 8K video file.

The video is only compressed a single time, during final export, ensuring maximum image quality. In a traditional workflow, there would be two compressions — one during initial stitching and one during final export.

Users can cut down the proxy version to exactly the parts that are necessary for their project. In the end, only the footage thats used is stitched, avoiding any wasted time spent stitching footage that doesnt made the final cut.

For optimal performance of the new extension, Insta360 recommends a computer with the following specs:

CPU: i7 6700K or higher RAM: 8GB or higher Graphics card: GTX980 or a higher-performing NVIDIA or AMD card Hard drive: SSD recommended Operating system: Windows 8.1, MacOS 10.10, or higher

Keep up with the latest in 360 photos and video by joining Insta360user group on Facebook and signing up for the Insta360 community mailing list.

@rainer-edler_137250 @production_107120 

Hi there, is there any error message when the Premiere crashes? Please provide us the sceenshot. Is there a stitcher removed? The plugin need the stitcher running even if you don't use the Stithcer.

Also, please try to run the Premiere as an administrator to see if it helps.

@production_107120 hey ... same problem here.. so much troubles with that "NOT" working plugin! How could you release such a horrible plugin? best..

Hi there,

I just downloaded and installed the Adobe Premiere Pro CC extension and now Premiere keeps on crashing on launch. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, used the cleaner tool, deleted the plug in and tried previous versions. The problem remains. I am currently unable to use Premiere.

Can you please let me know how to procede here?

Thank you!

@steve_9381 Hi Steve, don't know if this is too late or if you've already figured this out, but it's not in your user Library, it's in the root Library of your hard drive. Took me days and many reinstalls of Premiere and Insta360 stitcher to figure that one out. But it solved it instantly. There have been two new updates to Insta360 Stitcher since I had this problem, neither of which solved the plug-in issue (at least on my mac pro). New one just came out—going to give it a shot. Good luck!

Oh my lord. My Premiere has been so slow it's been unusable.  THANK YOU for suggesting I remove the plugin. It fixed the problem immediately. While I'm sorry that the plugin doesn't really work for me, I"m ecstatic that I can use Premiere again. I hope you get the plugin fully figured out soon as I love my Insta360 Pro.

@insta360_support I really don't think I have deleted it, as when I open Premiere and then open the Stitcher Importer it still works.

It isn't in the path you've listed. When I search for this text string it doesn't find anything. But it still loads in Premiere, and Premiere is still slow and laggy.

Any other ideas where it might be so I don't have to do a completely new Adobe install?

@steve_9381

Hi there, please don't delete the other folders. If you downloaded the plugin, there should be a folder named "ProImporterCEP" in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/Extensions. And if you can't find it, I believe you already deleted it.

@insta360_support  Hi,

The Importer is great. It is a wonderful idea.

But as others have said it just ruins Premiere for editing - my system becomes slow and laggy. Something is really wrong.

I need to delete it. When I go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/Extensions there are two folders

CCX_CMDN_EXTENSION_2_0_1_001

CCX_START_EXTENSION_2_0_1_044

But nothing that looks like "ProImporterCEP"

I'm on a Mac, High Sierra 10.13.6. Latest version of Premiere CC.

Please help! If I can't get this deleted I'm just going to wipe the machine and start fresh but that would be such a waste of time.

Just a heads up that this is very slow for me, even on a brand new MacBook Pro with 32 GB of RAM. Playback in Adobe Premiere, even at 1/16 quality, is still not smooth.

@chrisizzleThankyoou!!! I have had the same problem , so annoying!!! 

@chrisizzle Yup. Having this plugin installed on my system lagged my premiere even on non 360 projects. I had to reinstall my whole system in order to correct the problem, which nearly led to a client not having their project.

@insta360_support

I will clarify:
- Installation of the plug-in is fine.

- Opening of Premiere and loading a project is fine.

- I can even import Insta360 Pro footage using the No Stitch plug-in fine.

- However, having the plug-in installed causes Premiere to have very high latency with user interaction. The program does not technically crash. Instead, it can take 10 to 45 seconds to respond to a command. That can be anything from changing my position on the timeline, to clicking "File" menu to save. Everything happens several seconds after I click it.
Please Note: This happens even when I am NOT working with Insta360 Footage. So, this still happens even when I am working with a basic HD video project.

- Everything returns to optimal performance if I remove the ProImporterCEP folder as instructed below in this forum. 

- What is interesting, is that I can still edit Insta360 Pro footage after it has been imported. So, my current workaround is to import all the Insta360 Pro footage using the No Stitch plug-in, and then delete the plug in.

My system is a Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i9-7980XE (18-core), with 32 GB RAM, GTX1080 graphics card, and RAID SSD hard drives. I keep system monitors on screen and I can see that no single resource is being maxed out. 

We are also excited about this feature, but we are also having very poor performance. The footage won't play in the sequence (originals are 6K stereoscopic). We're editing on latest generation iMac Pros as well as highly spec'd 2017 MacBook pro. We would love the ability to make persistent proxies that are similar but put very little demand on the processor. Also, we only shoot stereoscopic, so the ability to make mono proxies from stereo footage to speed up footage review and rendering would be a big help! Note that we also have had a weird anomaly where the audio got really strange half way through the proxies in the Premiere timeline sequence. I'd be happy  to share media and Premiere project to help troubleshoot, or screenshare.

@chrisizzle

1. pr might be slower because it will allocate resourse to the plugin todecode the materia;

2. can we know more about the problem? does it mean the premiere doesn't response to open or just doesn't respond to editing?

@insta360_support
Hello, I have a big VR project to edit and am trying to decide whether I use the Insta360Pro "No Stitch" extension. 

I have tried using it twice, and my edit system has become unresponsive both times. I have followed these posted directions to remove the plug in which gets Premiere running properly again. However, the obviously problem is that I must go back to stitching the footage.

So, my questions is this:

1) Is this a universal problem? Meaning... does the Insta360 No Stitch plug in cause all installations of Adobe Premiere to slow down? Or, does it depend on the hardware? Is it worth me trying another computer?

2) Do you have an expected revision to the software that will fix this problem?

I am using a Windows computer, completely updated, and with specs that would not be responsible for slowing anything down (eg. Slow drives or processor).

@insta360_support Hi Insta360 Support! Thanks a lot for replying. I'm wondering, is there any way not to make it a 'quick proxy' but a solid proxy that might take longer to produce, but does gives us a smooth playback? I rather have to wait a little longer and have a useful proxy file, than this super fast 'solution' that is impossible to edit with. Is this an option maybe we can choose? So ones that do want a quick proxy that is RTP on the spot, and others that don't want RTP but a solid proxy to work with? When can we expect changes you think? Really wanting this plugin to work, because it's amazing and it would save tons of workflow issues! So thanks a lot for this new development!

@jan-raiber_10460 Hi Jan, can we arrange our engineer to provide remote assistance and check what's going on? we'll send you an email (to the address that you used to register the account here) to check your available time, thanks for your eedback nd support all the time!

@insta360_support Hi, sorry for my late reply, i was shooting all the time. You asked: Hi Jan, we just tested adobe CC 2018 again, and it's working well, did you happen to stored all the contents on the SSD so while you unplug the SSD, "quick-proxi" files went missing?

No, the "quick-proxi" files are located in the Premiere -Project Folder (which is on the system-drive in this case). And they where gone, even if all media-drives are still attached. Just by closing Premiere and reopen it.

Thanks for your business,

Jan

@erik_7183 @jan-raiber_10460 

Fast proxy is real-time optical flow stitching, so it is very resource-intensive and might be slow. We have being trying to make it smoother.

Looks like your connection to Insta360 Pro Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.